Bridesmaids Duties in Detail
Bring a bridesmaid is a huge part of any wedding, on hand to comfort, console, multi-task, and making sure that you are president at all bridal events. Here is a little checklist to make sure you are doing all the proper things to be a great bridesmaid.
- Offer to help with pre-wedding tasks. Try to be specific when you volunteer. For example, say, “Would you like me to help you shop for bridesmaid dresses/stuff invitations/pack for the honeymoon?” instead of just, “What can I do?”
- Scout out bridesmaid dresses, shoes, jewelry, and other accessories. Pay for the entire ensemble. (Break in your shoes before the wedding day — that will minimize slipping, blisters, and aching tootsies.)
- Help to plan, co-host, and pay for the shower and help party with other bridesmaids.
- If the maid/matron of honor isn’t already handling this task, keep a record of all the gifts received at various parties and showers (so that the bride/couple can write thank you notes); maintain RSVP lists.
- Attend the ceremony rehearsal. (Keep abreast of all pre-wedding parties, and go to as many as possible.)
- Run last minute errands. On the day of the wedding, be on hand to confirm flower delivery times, meet and greet the ceremony celebrant, or satisfy junk food cravings.
- Stand in the receiving line at the bride’s request.
- Serve as auxiliary hostess at the reception by introducing guests, making sure they know where the bar is located, and inviting them to sign the guest book.
- Hit the dance floor when the music kicks in. Dance with groomsmen during the formal first dance sequence. Also, be on the lookout for toe-tapping guests who might need encouragement and/or a dance partner.
- Give the maid/matron of honor a break by helping to carry the bride’s train whenever necessary. Bustle the train before dancing begins, and be ready to help fix it if it comes unhooked. Accompany the bride on visits to the restroom, if asked.
- Purchase a wedding present perhaps with one or several of the other bridesmaids. This provides more buying power, and two heads are better than one when it comes to gift ideas. Sometimes the entire bridesmaid troupe pitches in for one knock-her-socks-off wedding gift.
- Be a trooper, no matter how stressful the ordeal becomes. Try not to complain about the bridesmaid dress — even if the color is horrendous. Be gracious and tactful.
- Provide plenty of emotional support during the planning and on the wedding day.
Provided information by The Knot.com
Yes, its winter and one of the most beautiful times. The scenery is white and so fluffy, the wedding dresses just look great with the color air. I know there are some down sides to this wonderland wedding but you can find different things that with take place of them that you are worrying about. for example instead of having cares that might be dangerous of roads you could have a house drawn carriage that brings people around the grounds.
- If snowy mountains and the smell of pine have you dreaming of a winter white wedding, you are in luck…
Read more at wedding chicks
Glamorous Winter Wonderland Wedding
If you are looking for more of a BIG, winter wedding look what I found this stunning inspiration shoot centered around a Winter Wonderland Theme…
For the rest of the post check out belle the magazine.
Before going on your perfect honeymoon, check out a few things that you need to get down before heading out the door. First is booking, you can either book through a travel agent or directly through the airline, cruise, ect. Then it list things to arrange beforehand, make sure you make sure you have passports and they’re up to date. Also check with you bank to see if you’re A.T.M. card will work in your destination country. Packing, pack half of your clothes in his suitcase and vice versa so if one bag goes missing at least you have half of your stuff. Flying, arrive at the airport in plenty of time usually two hours early, three for international flights keep in mind that getting through airports security can take quite a while now. Lastly they give you a honeymoon budget worksheet, and general tipping guidelines.
There are thousands of islands close to, and part of, all of the island-countries of the Caribbean, which all have their own differing cultures, traditions and tastes. The Caribbean islands really do offer something for everyone from tranquil beaches, private resorts, crystal clear water, along with appetizing cuisines and night life.
Check it out!
Looking for bridesmaids dress? These have so many different styles and they give you a ton of colors to pick from too.
Short? long? Strapless? One Shoulder Strap?
AND…they’re reasonable priced!
Also about bridesmaids, if you lady’s want to all get together for a nice movie night and have a laugh click here and watch the funny movie starring: Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph and Rose Byrne Directed: by Paul Feig. It’s about a Competition between the maid of honor and a bridesmaid, over who is the bride’s best friend, threatens to upend the life of an out-of-work pastry chef.
Hope you enjoy!
This gallery contains 33 photos.